has long been a dove is a symbol of good conduct and purity.Today, these amazing birds live near us.Many large cities in Europe and the world can not be imagined without these fascinating birds.Pigeons have become a kind of attraction, as thousands of tourists eager to capture them through the lens of his camera.
Since the establishment of these are our neighbors, it is necessary to pay attention to changes in their behavior, because it is often only possible to determine that the bird is sick.Do not forget that there are pigeons disease dangerous to humans.Monitor their health must be the owners of dovecotes especially as infectious diseases can lead to the extinction of livestock and cause significant harm to human health.
When breeding birds is important to remember that, as is the case with humans, much easier to prevent disease than to treat it later.In this "sore" birds are mostly widespread.That is, get rid of slight shock (that is to say the loss of 1-2 individuals) will not succeed.There
gay disease can be non-infectious and infectious.To develop ailments often leads noncompliance feeding, housing and rearing of birds, violating sanitary hygiene feeders, drinkers and enclosure, heavy loads and even some egg-laying.All these factors contribute to reduced immunity of poultry and weakening its body.
most dangerous pathogens are infectious agents pigeons.They may be bacterial, viral, parasitic and fungal origin.Among the diseases that afflict domestic pigeons, the infectious nature of the disease are the most dangerous.These agents may act on the human body, causing a direct development of a particular disease or a general decline in the body's defenses.
When breeding pigeons need to very carefully monitor the health of the birds and the appearance of symptoms immediately contact a veterinarian.So what if there are signs of the disease of pigeons?When there is a violation of any pathology of behavior: the birds do not fly, hiding in dark places, refuse to feed.Also, alert the owner must ruffled feathers, closed eyes, shortness of breath, general weakness of the organism pets.When infected with the bird's body temperature rises, changing the color and consistency of stool, and sometimes even change the gait.
If there are sick pigeons, their illness and treatment must be strictly controlled.For example, a sick individual must be isolated from the common herd with the appearance of the first signs of illness.In the presence of pigeons discharge from the eyes, nostrils or mouth should immediately consult a specialist, as often these symptoms indicate that the infectious nature of the disease.
Now consider the most dangerous diseases that affect the pigeons.Their disease and treatment requires special attention from the owner, because they can be harmful to him.
most widespread and destructive disease of pigeons - stagger - the ability to quickly hit all the pigeon population.It is caused by paramyxovirus, which when ingested bird makes her paralysis and incoordination.In severe currents can develop inflammation of the brain.The greatest danger lies in the possibility of internal bleeding into vital organs.
carriers of infection are sick pets and wild birds.The virus is mainly transmitted by droplet infection, but it is possible through the contamination of drinkers and feeders.
What are the features of the disease of pigeons?The symptoms are specific and occur at 4-5 days of the disease.Patients noted zakidyvanie birds head, which is associated with damage to the nervous system.Infection spreads at lightning speed, in most cases already on the 9th day of the disease there comes the death of the bird.
in the development of whirligig beetles celebrated staging:
- initial stage - loss of appetite, increased thirst, lethargy, ruffled feather cover.
- Paralytic stage - paralysis from the neck begins, then stop moving wings, legs, a bird may fall, she throws back her head.
- strong cramps.
It is very dangerous for the human disease of pigeons.Whirligig beetles can affect the lymph nodes and cause of conjunctivitis.
The illness is not treatable.There is a range of specially designed preventive measures, which helps prevent the mass spread of infection:
- diseased birds should be immediately removed from the pigeon.The room should be disinfected using 5-10% solution of bleach or 3% formalin solution.
- young pigeons to be vaccinated at 30 days of life.Use of the vaccine "Boron-74", "La Sota" rate of 2 drops of preparation 2 times a day for one bird over 5 days.
Smallpox Smallpox pigeons - an acute disease caused by a type of pigeon ultravirusom.It is characterized by lesions of the mucous membranes and skin.When highly advanced stage disease often becomes chronic.
Smallpox generally progresses in the summer.Disease susceptible young adults pigeons act as vectors.Infection through isolation and litter, as well as through insect vectors.The risk of infection is increased by poor conditions, malnutrition, adverse climatic conditions, as well as a lack of vitamin A. The incubation period is 15-20 days.
are three types of the disease of pigeons, the signs of which are significantly different from each other:
- smallpox form - characterized by the appearance of craters in the beak, eyelids and neck, and then the legs and under the wings.Tumor growth is carried out for 12-15 days, and then the upper film is removed, leaving bleeding erosion.By the 20th day the wound dries up and heals.Sometimes the healing process lasts up to 2 months.
- diphtheritic form - pockmarks are formed at the mucosa of the mouth and throat.At 7-9 day a peak of the disease when pockmarks increased so that the bird can not close its beak.There may also be affected nasal mucosa, conjunctiva, cornea eye.
- mixed form - there are signs of the first two forms.
pigeon pox dangerous because the virus from the bloodstream can spread throughout the body, causing the defeat of the new bodies.With timely treatment of birds formed a life-long immunity.
stages of treatment and prevention:
- If it affects skin areas: treatment of textiles 2% boric acid solution.In the presence of the dried crusts are treated with a solution of iodine and then cream.
- With the defeat of the beak: mucous lozevalya treated with a solution containing glucose or iodine.The pigeons are given antibiotics tetracycline.
- Drinking water disinfected with 1% solution of chlorine bleach.The room is treated with iodine preparations.
- larynx treated with Lugol.Within 5 days the birds given antibiotics, vitamins, and immunomodulators.
- affected eggs obtained from patients with pigeons, you must destroy.
pigeons - a viral disease that affects the respiratory tract.Often it occurs in a hidden form, which is particularly dangerous for the person who may also be infected by the virus.The complexity of the treatment and prevention is pathogens that exhibit high resistance to different conditions.Transmission of the virus through mucus and droppings.
The incubation period ranges from 1 to 4 months.The most susceptible to the virus juveniles.
There are two forms of the disease:
- acute form - sick pigeons in age from 2 to 12 weeks.There lethargy, feces becomes gray mixed with blood, breathing is difficult, there is a purulent conjunctivitis and paralysis, which leads to death.
- chronic form - occurs in adults.Typical symptoms - weakness, lethargy, conjunctivitis.The disease has a favorable outcome.Been ill birds become a source of infection.
In carrying out preventive measures sick pigeons killed, room disinfectants based on chlorine and phenol.After the extinction of the outbreak in the dovecote impose quarantine for 6 months.
Paratyphoid, or salmonellosis pigeons Paratyphoid
pigeons - a widespread infectious disease caused by salmonella.
source of infection is infected individuals.Paratyphoid danger is that when infecting pigeons are completely sterile.Juveniles perebolevayut in an acute form.
There are two forms of the disease:
- Intestinal - first celebrated liquid stool mixed with blood, then the affected joints, marked tremor of the extremities, the bird can not fly and drive.In the beak and eyes may be nodules.
- Neural form - is a clear sign of his head thrown back.The disease ends in death or becomes chronic.
used to treat biomitsin, sintomitsina, furazolidone or terramycin a total dose of 100 thousand units per 1 kg of feed for 10 days, 7 days, repeat the course.The room is subjected to disinfection.
pigeons - a common ailment.The causative agent is the simplest class of flagellates.Sick birds mostly young in age from 2 weeks to 2 months.As carriers of infection are the individual adult patients.The virus is transmitted through food and water.Under adverse conditions and feeding the risk of infection increases.
disease characterized by the formation in the mouth and throat are whitish-yellow nodules.Pigeons bends his head to facilitate swallowing.There diarrhea with mucus, nasal expiration, shortness of breath.Disease duration from 2 hours to 2 weeks, with often fatal outcome.
With timely treatment of pigeons can recover.Therapy was performed iodinated milk, which is prepared from iodine, potassium iodide and water in a ratio of 1: 2: 10.Thereafter, 1 part of a solution added to the milk at the rate of 1: 9.Before giving the medication birds milk solution once diluted with water (1: 9).
Coccidiosis Coccidiosis is caused by protozoa of pigeons Group of coccidia that infect the cells of the intestine, liver and bile ducts.
Birds note ruffled coat, exhaustion, lethargy, diarrhea mixed with blood.Disease exposed juveniles.Peak infection rates in the summer.
used antibiotics to treat - 0.05 grams 2 times a day, as well as quinacrine, which is diluted at the rate of 2 grams of the drug in a bucket of water.
pigeon paramyxovirus is the causative agent of Newcastle disease.Infection is carried out through the dust.Hazards to humans is not.At the beginning of the emergence of the disease is marked thirst and diarrhea.If untreated marked paralysis, tilting the head.A bird can not eat and drink a lethal outcome.Treatment is not available.Prevention by means of vaccination drug Colombovac PMV.
Pigeons: the disease and treatment.Elimination of symptoms caused by parasites
most common disease in pigeons is askaridioze.Pathogens - helminths family ascarids.Affected small intestine, often noted for its blockage.Also, there is lethargy, weight loss, and diarrhea.The second most common is capillariasis, agents who also live in the small intestine.Marked inflammation of the intestinal mucosa.Infection is carried out by alimentary.Parasitic diseases are diagnosed study litter, where the eggs are found pathogens.For the treatment of drug use "piperazine" rate of 0.05 grams per 1 specimen 3 times per day treatment was continued for three days, followed by a break of 3 days, and then repeat the course.It should be clear from an infected pigeon droppings.
Pigeons: their disease and treatment of eye diseases
eyes found in pigeons often.They are caused by bacterial, viral, parasitic and infectious agents, as well as vitamin deficiency.When the infectious nature of the pathogen treatment should be directed at eliminating the pathogen.When vitamin deficiency diet enriched with vitamin A. Birds
Inflammation of the eye may be a result of other diseases such as sinusitis and laryngotracheitis.Often pigeons Panophthalmitis notes, which is a sign of blurred iris.
General disease prevention
Any disease of pigeons (symptoms described above), regardless of their degree of danger is easier to prevent.
For this purpose there is a special plan for preventive measures:
- poultry in a comfortable environment.
- Maintaining cleanliness indoors, drinkers and feeders at a high level.
- use of preventive drugs.
- Periodic inspection of pigeons in the presence of ectoparasites.
- strictly forbidden to indulge in wild pigeon pigeons and sparrows.
- birds should be provided timely medical assistance and proper care.
processing facilities with the appearance of infectious diseases
Complete prevention of diseases of pigeons is impossible without a thorough disinfection of premises.Such activities are only allowed with full isolation of poultry.First, mechanical cleaning is carried out (eliminate litter).Further, the walls, floor and all objects in the room are treated with hot water.You can then use disinfectants.Excellent proven itself caustic alkali, 5% bleach, 3% solution creolin or carbolic acid, formalin, and other liquors.In 2 hours after the treatment room aired, washed with water and bleach.Earth in the boxes change.Disinfection is carried out 2 times a year.Paul, nest and roost treated once every quarter.Drinkers and feeders treated weekly.