When choosing a pet purring people primarily guided by its appearance.This is understandable: the character of the kitten is not yet formed, habits, both good and bad, were not defined, so it is necessary to rely only on visual perception of an animal.And if a person chooses among pedigreed pet animals, it will inevitably attract the attention of marbled cat - no other colors can not be compared with her brightness and showiness.
Breeders derived many varieties of colors feline tribe.In this panel, there is a section called "Tabby."It combines animals whose hair is colored in two (rarely three) different color, shade and contrast should be a well-defined pattern.Among them distinguish spotted, brindle, tikkirirovanny and Harlequin cat, which is considered a classic.The main features of the latter and binding are as follows:
- mark on his forehead a second color, which resembles the letter M;
- eyes and nose outlined the main color;
- alternating rings on the tail and legs;
- on the chest and abdomen, two strips separated spots, similar to the buttons;
- colored stripes on the neck - they are called jewels;
- three expressed wide strip along the back;
- shoulders pattern in outline like a butterfly;
- on the sides of the circles, semicircles or symmetrical streaks;
- eyes deep yellow, orange or closer to the shade of the old honey.
Figures should be clear, not blurred and the contrast between the core and the second color - very sharp.
Shades of color
«Marble» can be virtually any color, which is inherent in the cat's fur.According to the International Classification of Harlequin cats it includes such varieties:
- black marble.The main background - copper brown pattern - black.
- Chocolate marble.Wool - the color of milk chocolate pattern - dark, bitter chocolate.
- Cinnamon marble.It sounds not clear, in fact indicates that the first color - honey, and the second - like shade of cinnamon sticks.
- red marble.Classical red cat with a pattern more saturated, almost brown.
- Blue Marble.Background - pale beige pattern - a bluish-steel color.
- purple marble.One of the rarest.Wool - shades of lavender, drawing - steel.
- tortie tabby.Even rarer than the previous one, and is unique to cats - cats with such color very little.The two colors are added the third, but the figure is expressed clearly.It may be configured in any hues, but is most common in chocolate colors.
Which breeds registered "marble»
Almost all short-haired cats have a variety of marble colors.The "shaggy" cats is difficult to achieve definition picture because of the length of the fur - it is visually spreads.However, among the Persians yet registered Harlequin cats.But among Sibirtsev get a clear picture did not happen because of the structure of another coat.No such colors have sphinxes.This is understandable, since they do not have fur.However, the most famous cat British marble (thanks to television advertising, "Whiskas").Many people who want to find yourself a pet is a color, called it "painting Whiskas" and do not understand what they say about Harlequin.Very touching and popular Scottish and marbled cat, especially fold.Bred Maine Coons and a painting, get her and other famous breed.
As bred cats with patterned
Of all the options Harlequin tabby cats - the most recessive.Therefore, to obtain the desired colors kittens, when crossed marbling required both parents - and then the kittens will be exactly the desired pattern.Somewhat less is effective mating, in which one of the parents spotted or tiger.When mating only tiger kittens are born every possible - and the "Tigers", and spotted, and "marbles," unless, of course, parents have the gene.Crossing tiger products and spotty give the same results, but only give a couple of spotted marble and the same as they are.
«Marble" in the wild
As is clear from the article, such a beautiful coat color in cats bred artificially by man.However, there ahead of the nature of people.There is a real, genuine marbled cat got his color naturally.Size of the animal corresponds to their home and relatives are extremely similar to them, only the tail is longer familiar to us as the animal lives in a tree and use it as a balancer.Only a DNA analysis showed that the marbled cat is closer to the major congeners such as lions and tigers.Lives beast with outlandish coloring in the area of Nepal (north India, and Indonesia), it is still little studied (even numbers known very approximately), and in captivity is present in a single copy - in Thai zoo.