debate between those who believe that a child is better to give to the school at age 6, and those who are of the opinion that it is better to wait until 7, eternal.That is why it is important for parents to feel intuitively that time to their favorite child discover the wonderful world of school, with all its joys and difficulties.Maybe it's better to wait a little longer?There are many factors affecting the readiness of children for school.
psychological, emotional and social readiness for school
In the first place, of course, there are the factors so-called "social development".What does it mean?The school really prepared the toddler who has some vision, knowledge about the world around him, is able to remember, to give definition to compare.It is important that the child is already well spoken, and to formulate their thoughts.Especially important is the ability to control their behavior.
Emotional readiness of children for school is largely determined by the ability assiduously engaged in so
social-communicative readiness for school depends on the ability to communicate with their peers, to establish contact and build relationships, and on its ability to communicate with adults (not dispense with politeness, understanding of the authority of elders).
And finally, one of the most important factors that determine the readiness of children for school is ... the desire of the child to go.
Mini test J. Cheypi
To determine whether the school is ready to your baby, you can use a mini-test, developed by the American psychologist G. child. Cheypi.Here are the basic questions of him.
basic experience of the child
- the baby should be some interest;
- you should read it at least a few books;
- at least once a child should visit a museum, a zoo or library;
- you need to visit with the child public places: post office, shops, banks, etc.
- child should not have any problems with hearing;
- important that before the school were identified every possible vision problems (if needed - written goggles);
- kid should be able to go down himself, and climbing stairs, playing with a ball;
- desirable that the kid could easily spend some time in one place.
- child confidently calls the objects around him;
- he is able to define the objects of reality and explain their purpose;
- very good if a child can determine the position of things in space (above the bed, under a tree, etc.);
- the child should be a good diction;
- he should be able to build at least a primitive story.
- child should relate to the idea of going to school positively (as, indeed, to the whole world);
- easily change the kind of activity;
- psychological readiness for school also depends on whether the game is easy (and accepts defeat) the child in games where there is an element of competition;
- toddler confident in his abilities.
- child finds the differences and similarities between objects;
- able to distinguish the letters of the alphabet;
- easily learn new words and figures shown pictures;
- can build a picture of the storyline;
- good when a baby can retell the story in their own words, preserving the line of the plot.
- child may have already begun to start the game;
- can carefully without interrupting the interlocutor, listen;
- able to wait their turn when necessary.
If you have any doubt in more than 20% points - most likely at the moment full of children's readiness for school is out and better to postpone this moment.Or start hard to do, to make up for lost time.